Firstly, it is a question of the following general competence:
- monitoring of the latest achievements in the fields of risk management, financial engineering and actuarial science;
- skills of the individual scientific research in these areas;
- the ability to use the results of research in practice;
- ability to organize and realize the full project cycle including the preparation of research program, development tools, conducting empirical research, input, processing and analysis of data, writing the final analytical report;
- ability to assess the quality and representativeness of the empirical data;
- skills of using application packages for data analysis and modeling;
- skills of using scientific sources in English;
- skills of planning and organization of research.
In this seminar students are involved in the analysis of articles on professional topics as listeners and as speakers. In addition, there are speeches of leading specialists from the HSE and other universities of the country, such as MSU. Thus, students have the opportunity to follow the latest scientific studies conducted in leading educational institutions in Russia and abroad. Students can more consciously choose or adjust the theme of his master's thesis using the information from the workshops.
Students also have the opportunity to use workshops for talking about the progress of its scientific research, the results and the difficulties. The main purpose of this form of the workshop is to provide students with the opportunity to discuss the available research. With help of discussion, which actively involve teachers and students of the Department of Risk Management and Insurance of the HSE, the student learns to defend its point of view. Moreover, the student receives a great opportunity to learn about other views on the solutions encountered in the process of writing a thesis problems and/or selection of the future direction of its work.
Laboratory for Financial Engineering and Risk Management holds regular scientific and practical seminar "Financial Risk Management and Insurance" under the auspices of the International Association of Risk Managers PRMIA (Professional Risk Managers' International Association). Representatives of Russian companies, banks, investment and insurance companies make presentations on workshops. The purpose of these workshops is to discuss the developments of financial engineering and risk management, as well as best practices of Russian leading financial institutions. Much attention is paid to the implementation of various methods of management of market, credit and operational risk.
All interested are invited to participate in workshops.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.